Prices Creek was a steam locomotive watering place at 59.5 miles on the Otago Central branch. Opened in 1924, it operated until 1963 when the branch line was deviated to replace the bridge over the creek. The deviated route is part of the Otago Central Rail Trail and those traveling on the trail at this location, just north of the No.11 Tunnel, may choose to make a small side trip to investigate the old route.
The remains of the original Prices Creek bridge were still evident until the line closed, but since that time with the increased public access via the rail trail, the site is now virtually clear. Another historical feature seen on the line were three old sheep wagons dumped at the bottom of the railway embankment to the south of the present Prices Creek bridge (thought to be in the 1970s). These were retrieved in February 2022 by rail heritage organisations and one of them is now on display at Middlemarch Railway Station.